Test and trace: be aware of scams
Northumberland Police have released the following information to make residents aware of potential scams around the track and trace system.
NHS test and trace
If NHS Test and Trace calls you by phone, the service will be using a single phone number- 0300 0135 000.
The only website the service will ask you to visit is https://contact- tracing.phe.gov.uk.
Contact tracers will never...
- Ask you to dial a premium rate number (for example, those starting 09 or 087)
- Ask you to make any form of payment
- Ask for any details about your bank account
- Ask for your social media identities or login details, or those of your contacts
- Ask you for any passwords or PINs, or ask you to set up any passwords or PINs over the phone
- Ask you to purchase a product
- Ask you to download any software to your device or ask you to hand over control of your PC, smartphone or tablet
- Ask you to access any website that does not belong to the Government or NHS