We want to recruit an experienced administrator to join our team of enthusiastic volunteers. Your role will be to support the Chairperson by ensuring various administration tasks related to the operation of the Friends of Felling Park and town are completed.
The tasks you are able to help us with will depend on your skills, knowledge and experience e.g.:
- Preparing agendas for meetings (including Annual General Meetings AGM’s) in consultation with the Chairperson and circulating them, and any supporting papers, in good time ,
- Making all the arrangements for meetings (booking the room, arranging for equipment and refreshments, organising facilities etc.),
- Taking notes of the meeting and clear action points and circulating these to all following the meeting.,
- Checking for updates from those responsible for completing the actions.
- Attending meetings to record action points Responding to correspondence, ,
Friends of Felling Park & Town Centre was developed by a small group of Felling residents in September 2016. We are a volunteer led organisation although we work in partnership with Gateshead Council, Gateshead Housing Company and other organisations able to help us achieve our aims., Our key aim is to improve the appearance and develop the appeal of Felling Park and Town Centre by involving local residents in a range of social, leisure and recreational activities. Our initial focus has been the improvement of the park but our aims for the area are much wider than the park. You can have a look at what we have managed to achieve so far by joining our Facebook group. One of our current priorities is to register with the Charity Commission.,
To help our organisation continue to grow and develop we want to recruit a Volunteer Administrator. This role could also be as one of our committee members (Charity Trustees) but we recognise this is a big step. So, if you prefer, you can volunteer with us first and think about becoming a committee member (Charity Trustee) later on.
Please note we are currently unable to offer any volunteer expenses other than reimbursement of expenses in relation to stationary, postage, printing and use of your telephone. (We will need receipts for all expenditure).
Benefits for the Volunteer
We will provide you with:, A warm and friendly welcome to an enthusiastic team and range of exciting projects based in Felling., A named contact within the organisation (Chairperson) who will provide you with guidance on what is (and what is not) expected from you in your role, The opportunity to develop your skills and experience.