Treasurer required - Gasbags North east
Gasbags North east are looking for a new treasurer.
The overall role of a treasurer is to maintain an overview of the organisation’s financial affairs, ensuring its viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. The role and person specification are summarised below.
General financial oversight
- To oversee and present budgets, accounts and financial statements.
- To liaise with designated committee members about financial matters.
- To ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- To ensure accounts meet the conditions of contractual agreements with external agencies such as funders and statutory bodies.
Financial planning and reporting
- To present financial reports to the committee.
- To make a presentation of the accounts at the annual general meeting (AGM).
- To advise on the organisation’s reserves policy.
- To advise on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans.
- To advise on the fundraising strategy of the organisation
- To sit on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required.
Qualities and Skills Preferred
- Experience of financial control and budgeting.
- Experience of fundraising.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to be contacted on an ad hoc basis.
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up.
- Good timekeeping.
- Knowledge and experience of IT e.g. spreadsheets.
Time Commitment: The role of the Treasurer requires an estimated commitment of 2 hours per month (this may vary depending on the situation).