Secretary required - Gasbags North East
Gasbags North East are looking for a new secretary.
The role of the secretary is to support the chair in ensuring the smooth functioning of the Management Committee. In organisations without paid staff, the secretary may take a greater role in the day-to-day administration of the organisation. The Secretary’s tasks include:
Ensure Responsible Administration
- To prepare agendas in consultation with the Chair and other committee members.
- To circulate agendas and any supporting papers (written and/or electronic) in good time.
- To receive agenda items from other committee members.
- To check that quorum is present.
- To minute meetings and circulate the draft minutes to all committee members.
- To ensure that the chair signs the minutes once they have been approved.
- To check that committee members and staff have carried out action(s) agreed.
- To circulate agendas and minutes of the annual general meeting (AGM) and any special or extraordinary general meetings.
- To ensure up-to-date records are kept of committee membership.
Make Arrangements for Meetings
- To ensure arrangements for meetings are met (booking the room, arranging for equipment (also appropriate documentation) and refreshments, organising facilities for those with special needs, etc).
- To sit on appraisal, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required.
Qualities and Skills Required
- Organisational ability.
- Experience of committee work and procedures.
- Minute-taking experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences.
- Approachable and sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Well organised and an eye for detail.
- Ability to work well with the Chair and other committee members.
- Good timekeeping.
- Knowledge and experience of IT including social media and websites.
Time Commitment: The role of Secretary requires a commitment of 2 hours per month (this can vary depending on the situation).