Northern Cancer Voices
Volunteers needed to help in roles to promote the work of Northern Cancer Voices, recruit new members and gather feedback from patients, carers etc. on their experience of cancer service in Gateshead
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring that NCV is able to seek the views of all sections of the community they cover
- Checking that decisions taken at meetings are being implemented
- Liaising with the NCV chair to keep an overview of the business
- Representing Northern Cancer Voices in the community and at public events where able
- Representing Northern Cancer Voices in relationships with funders and negotiating for funds for staffing, premises or equipment
Experience of chairing meetings and committee work.
Tact and diplomacy.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences.
It is desirable to have knowledge of the type of work undertaken by Northern Cancer Voices and a commitment to keeping ahead of the changes in the organisation that take place.