Gateshead Council Children and Familes, Play Service Volunteer
There are locations across Gateshead within this role. The specific location for each volunteer will be agreed with the individual volunteer. The volunteers home location, and whether they have access to transport would be considered when identifying a suitable location.
This volunteer role will mainly revolve around the Active Kidz holiday programmes during the school holiday periods. This will include:
- February half term
- May half term
- Summer Holiday
- October half term
Volunteers need to be 16+ and will need to apply for a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check which will be support through the volunteer recruitment process.
This volunteer role would involve having an active role within the service delivering the following tasks:
- planning and delivering play activities
- supporting and encouraging children & young people to engage with activities
- working as part of the team during the supervision of children and young people
- providing a fun, safe and stimulating environment for children and young people
- ensuring a good example and positive role model to children and young people
- attending training opportunities as and when possible and required.