Gateshead Community Organisation, Christmas Day Volunteers
The main aim of Gateshead Community Organisation is to provide affordable food and educational food based workshops to families in an area of Gateshead which is affected by poverty. The groups also operate a hot food delivery service aimed at older people or vulnerable adults.
The group are regularly looking for volunteers to help out at the Community Organisation which is currently based at Calendar Court Beacon Lough East. The general volunteer role involves helping with the food preparation of the hot meals and delivering them when needed. There is also the option to socially chat to the visitors while they are eating their meal.
This volunteer role is for Christmas Day at the project 2021. The project will be offering a hot Christmas Lunch on Christmas Day to those local people who are vulnerable and often don't have any family or friends to share the festive period with.
The group will need volunteers from around 10:30am - 2:30pm on Christmas Day or for as much as volunteers are able to contribute.
Volunteer tasks on the day will include:
- Socially talking to the visitors and asking how they are.
- working alongside project officers to make sure that everyone has a great day and is provided with a hot meal.
- help to prepare the meals and to hand them out
- help to prepare the large tables that everyone will be sitting at
- following the lunch volunteers are needed to help clear away the plates and any food from the tables
- there will be a need for volunteers to help with the washing of the dishes and the close down process
There are opportunities for volunteers to get involved in whichever of the tasks the would like to above.
The project will be adhering to Covid regulations throughout the day and facemasks will need to be worn.
If you are interested in volunteering with the project on Christmas Day or in general, please complete an Expression of Interest form.