FoodCycle; General Volunteer Cook
FoodCycle combines surplus food, volunteers and free kitchen space to create nutritious, three-course meals for the community. The project will take place once a week on a Friday in Felling.
Whether you are a MasterChef winner in the making or a cooking novice, everyone over the age of 18 is welcome to volunteer.
This volunteer role will involve being part of the team to produce a three-course vegetarian meal using surplus food. You’ll be peeling, chopping, frying, mixing, boiling, serving and washing up. But most of all you will have lots of fun. You don’t need to have any previous cooking experience you just need to get stuck in.
Skills you will learn from this particular volunteer role include:
- Teamwork: you’ll work as part of a team to serve our guests and make them feel welcome
- Cooking skills: you’ll support kitchen duties, chopping, peeling, mixing, frying and many more
- Relationship building: you’ll be building lasting relationships with your local community, guests and volunteers, encouraging and welcoming them back each week.
What you can expect from Food Cycle:
- Ongoing support and advice
- Impressive skills to add to your CV
- Travel expenses of up to £15 will be reimbursed within two weeks, with proof of travel
- The opportunity to meet a large network or like-minded people
- A fun, creative volunteer experience, contributing to a community-led project
You don’t need to have any specific skills or qualifications to become a volunteer in this role. You just need to have an interest in helping others or in cooking.
Felling Community Centre, Below Crowhall Towers