FoodCycle; General Hosting Volunteer
FoodCycle combines surplus food, volunteers and free kitchen space to create nutritious, three-course meals for the community. The project will take place once a week on a Friday.
As a Hosting Volunteer you will support the team in creating a warm, welcoming environment for your guests. You’ll serve food, share a meal with our guests, encourage conversation and clean up after the meal.
Skills you will learn and develop through this volunteer role:
- Teamwork: you’ll work as part of a team to serve our guests and make them feel welcome
- Hosting skills: you’ll support front of house duties, serving food and demonstrating good customer services skills
- Relationship building: you’ll be building lasting relationships with your local community, guests and other volunteers
What to expect from FoodCycle:
- Ongoing support and advice
- Impressive skills to add to your CV and a reference when you need it
- Travel expenses of up to £15 will be reimbursed within two weeks with proof of travel
- The opportunity to meet a large network of like minded people
- A fun, creative volunteer experience, contributing to a community-led project.
You don’t need to have any specific skills or qualifications to become a volunteer in this role. You just need to have an interest in helping others and your community
Felling Community Centre, below Crowhall Towers