Volunteers play an important role in running our community houses and in planning and delivering services and activities.
We love to meet people who would like to volunteer with us help us to make Edberts even better! If you are interested in joining us please let us know! You might want to help with existing services and activities or you might want to bring new ideas.
Edberts House is about building happier, healthier, friendlier communities. There are 3 complementary strands to our work:
- Our 4 Community Houses based in the East of Gateshead and Highfield (Edberts, Pattinson, Larkspur and Highfield House)
- Our Community Linking Team (Social Prescribing Link Workers) based in GP practices across Gateshead.
- Our Health Equity Team
We have 4 community houses – each is developed, planned, and run by a group of local people. All our community houses are welcoming safe spaces where local people can pop in for a cuppa and a chat. The community houses also offer a varied programme of activities and support for example: fitness classes, craft sessions, family fun days, youth clubs, bingo, and drop ins.
- Edberts House – High Lanes Estate.
- Pattinson House – Old Fold Nest Estate.
- Larkspur House – Beacon Lough East Estate.
- Highfield House - Highfield.