Greensfield Business Centre
Help disabled people to get out in the community take part in fun activities!!
Our community projects help people with a learning disability and autistic people to tackle isolation by offering:
- support at group workshops to help participants to learn how to face barriers and develop skills
- help create social groups and community activities
- get involved in community activities
- 1 to 1 volunteer support to face barriers and try new things
We are looking for volunteers who are happy to support our participants to get involved in social activities by helping with:
- setting up & running social groups
- helping with practical tasks at sessions
- travel training those who need it
- sharing your own special skills and interests (do you have a talent)
- volunteers with and without lived experience of a learning disability/ autism are welcome to apply.
✓ friendly, positive outlook
✓ good communication skills
✓ experience of disability is preferred but not essential
Benefits for the Volunteer
✓ friendly and supportive experience
✓ 1 to 1 and group support
✓ training and certificates
✓ endorsement on LinkedIn
✓ references can provided after 3 months volunteering.