Citizens Advice Gateshead; Team support volunteer
For more than six decades Citizens Advice Gateshead have helped thousands of people to move forward at times of upheaval and uncertainty. Although, over time, some of the challenges people face are changing, Citizens Advice Gateshead continue to provide valuable, free and impartial advice and information that you can trust.
The goal of this volunteer role is to contribute to the smooth running of advice services making a real difference to peoples lives.
This volunteer role will include the following tasks:
- support other functions behind the scenes that drive our advice work
- talk to clients about their experiences and collate feedback
- call clients to arrange appointments to get advice and explain what they'll need
The role will enable volunteers to:
- improve their employment prospects
- give something back to the community and be part of something
- improve personal skills and experience
Skills and qualifications needed for this role include:
- be friendly and approachable
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- have good IT skills
- be willing to learn about, and follow, the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies.
The Davidson Building