Citizens Advice Gateshead, Generalist Adviser
For more than six decades Citizens Advice Gateshead have helped thousands of people to move forward at times of upheaval and uncertainty. Although, over time, some of the challenges people face are changing, we continue to provide valuable, free impartial advice and information that you can trust.
The team's goal is to advise and support clients to take independent action. This volunteer role will involve:
- talking to clients over the phone, face to face, or online to explore what problems they've come for help with
- find out about the clients' problems and help them understand their options
- support clients to take action to solve their problems
- write up short reports following each case
Skills and qualification needed for this role include:
- be friendly and approachable
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- have good IT skills
- be willing to learn about, and follow, the Citizens Advice Aims, principles and policies
This volunteer role will be delivered remotely, and will be part time, flexible and ongoing.
If you are interested in volunteering please contact:
The Davidson Building