British Red Cross, customer service volunteer; wheelchair bookings
British Red Cross – Customer Service Volunteer (wheelchair, volunteers)
This is a volunteer role based within an office environment. The group are looking for volunteers who are compassionate and like meeting other people. The volunteers in this project provide people in their local community with wheelchairs and other equipment to help them get moving again after an illness or injury. Whether it is to help take a relative out, or take a child to school, it makes a difficult and distressing time a little easier. Spread the power of kindness with the group and help make sure that everyone who needs one can get a wheelchair.
Under-18s: Due to Covid19 restrictions we regret that we are currently unable to provide the required level of supervision, so we cannot offer this opportunity to under-18s in most of our locations. Ideally you will live within roughly 10 miles of the volunteering opportunity.
Each year British Red Cross hire out or loan over 75,000 wheelchairs to help people to get around after an injury or illness. In this role you will be welcoming customers and helping them to get moving again.
What will be involved:
- Giving a warm welcome
- Helping people wanting to hire a wheelchair or other equipment
- Using a computer-based stock control system
- Showing people how to use equipment
- Taking payments/donations
The skills needed:
- Physically able to safely lift or move wheelchairs and other mobility equipment
- Some customer service experience is desirable
- Enjoy meeting people and good people skills
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Good IT skills
- Able to commit to a regular shift on a weekly basis
What’s in if for you:
- Meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team
- A great opportunity to use your existing skills or gain new ones
- An opportunity to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation and the knowledge that you are making a positive different to peoples lives
- All training and induction for the role
- Reasonable pre-agreed travel expenses for the role including attending training