The Waste and Recycling Visitor Education Centre
The Visitor and Education Centre aims to be your first port of call for all your recycling and waste management education connected to sustainability.
To support your needs, we provide the following free of charge:
• Online workshop experiences for teachers and students (via TEAMS or Zoom)
• Face to face sessions through the centre and also at external locations upon request.
• Specific events held at the centre e.g. speakers, exhibitions
• Presentations or activity sessions by the VEC coordinator for schools
• Collaboration with teachers and general educational sessions to support the development of curriculum delivery e.g. repurposing art sessions
• Visits to the centre or garden, and tours of our waste management facilities by specific groups of students.
• Visits to your school by the VEC coordinator to give recycling assemblies, talks about how to reduce, re-use and recycle and to support your school sustainability goals.
• Projects which are sent online and can completed with minimal support from the centre, by the school.
• Workshops held at the centre where your students can collaborate with students from other schools to develop project ideas.
• Specific initiatives or competitions throughout the year which connect with national campaigns and local projects e.g. 12 Days of Christmas Action.
We work with all age groups and any community organizations or educational establishments, and will work with you to explore how we can help you to grow knowledge and practices which support our region in demonstrating positive behaviours around the 3R's: reduce, reuse and recycle.
Waste and Recycling Visitor Education Centre