Make and Play Baby Social
A creative social for parents / carers of babies 0-12 months:
- Play with your baby in the beautiful surroundings of the Shipley Art Gallery, and enjoy the exhibitions together.
- Make creative keepsakes - you'll create a range of items to take home, which will celebrate your baby and provide visual stimulation for them.
- Meet other parents / carers and babies 0-12 months.
- Enjoy some creative self care time, while your baby plays.
What to expect:
- You'll have your own space, toys and art materials for social distancing, but the set up will also make it easy to chat to others and make new friends.
- Each baby + adult pair will have their own playmat (which will be sanitised and quarantined between sessions). For Covid safety we're not providing any other toys - therefore please bring your own for your baby to use on their mat.
- Each week your baby will receive a little present from us, which offers open ended, creative play possibilities. These will be everyday objects which give your baby the opportunity to explore different shapes, textures and sounds. We'll also give you a basket to keep the objects in, so you and your baby can continue the creative play at home.
Parents / carers will have the opportunity to enjoy some creative, self care time: every other week, you'll make a keepsake to take home - these will be as follows:
3 December - Decorate your own gift bags and gift tags
10 December - Mindfulness colouring
7 Jan - Making activity
14 Jan -Mindfulness colouring
21 Jan - Making activity
4 Feb - Mindfulness colouring
11 Feb - Making activity
18 Feb - Mindfulness colouring
4 March - Making activity
11 March - Mindfulness colouring
18 March - Making activity
25 March - Mindfulness colouring
All activities will be suitable for beginners and easy to do whilst looking after a baby.
Your ticket admits one baby and one adult. Tickets for additional adults may be purchased at £2. Babies must be under 1 year old at the time of the first session. The sessions are designed for any adults caring for babies - mams, dads, grandparents, foster carers, child carers etc. all welcome. We have step free access, space to park your buggy, and baby changing facilities. You're welcome to feed your baby anywhere in the gallery.
Your money goes towards funding family activities at the Shipley Art Gallery.
Last session date (if known)
Shipley Art Gallery
Prince Consort Rd
Gateshead ne8 4jb