Make and Play Baby Social
A creative social for parents / carers of babies 0-9 months:
- Play with your baby in the beautiful surroundings of the Shipley Art Gallery, and enjoy the exhibitions together.
- Make creative keepsakes - you'll create a range of items to take home, which will celebrate your baby and provide visual stimulation for them.
- Meet other parents / carers and babies 0-9 months.
- Enjoy some creative self care time, while your baby plays.
What to expect:
- You'll have your own space, toys and art materials for social distancing, but the set up will also make it easy to chat to others and make new friends.
- Each baby + adult pair will have their own playmat (which will be sanitised and quarantined between sessions). For Covid safety we're not providing any other toys - therefore please bring your own for your baby to use on their mat.
- Each week your baby will receive a little present from us, which offers open ended, creative play possibilities. These will be everyday objects which give your baby the opportunity to explore different shapes, textures and sounds. We'll also give you a basket to keep the objects in, so you and your baby can continue the creative play at home.
Parents / carers will have the opportunity to enjoy some creative, self care time: every other week, you'll make a keepsake to take home - these will be as follows:
22 October - Painting for baby
Create a canvas artwork using simple painting and printing techniques. Create a family tree personalised with relatives' names; or a seasonal tree representing the time of year when your baby was born.
5 November - Paint and draw an easy winter landscape
12 November - Nature inspired mindfulness colouring in
19 November - Make your own Christmas cards
26 November - Nature inspired mindfulness colouring in
3 December - Decorate your own gift bags and gift tags
10 December - Nature inspired mindfulness colouring in
All activities will be suitable for beginners and easy to do whilst looking after a baby.
Your ticket admits one baby and one adult. Tickets for additional adults may be purchased at £2. Babies must be 0-9 months at the time of the first session. The sessions are designed for any adults caring for babies - mams, dads, grandparents, foster carers, child carers etc. all welcome. We have step free access, space to park your buggy, and baby changing facilities. You're welcome to feed your baby anywhere in the gallery.
Your money goes towards funding family activities at the Shipley Art Gallery.
Last session date (if known)
Shipley Art Gallery
Prince Consort Rd
Gateshead ne8 4jb