FoodCycle; General Volunteer Cook
FoodCycle combines surplus food, volunteers and free kitchen space to create nutritious, three-course meals for the community. The project will take place once a week on a Friday in Felling.
Whether you are a MasterChef winner in the making or a cooking novice, everyone over the age of 18 is welcome to volunteer.
This volunteer role will involve being part of a team to produce a three-course vegetarian meal using surplus food. You'll be chopping, peeling, mixing, frying and many more. But most of all you will have lots of fun. You don't need to have any previous cooking experience you just need to get stuck in.
Skills you will learn from this volunteer role include:
- Teamwork: you'll work as part of a team to serve our guests and make them feel welcome.
- Cooking skills: you'll support kitchen duties, chopping, peeling, mixing, frying and many more
- Relationship building: you'll be building lasting relationships with your local community, guests and volunteers, encouraging and welcoming them back each week.
What you can expect from FoodCycle:
- ongoing support and advice
- impressive skills to add to your CV
- the opportunity to meet a large network of like-minded people
- a fun, creative volunteer experience, contributing to a community-led project
You don't need to have any specific skills or qualifications to become a volunteer in this role. You just need to have an interest in cooking or helping others.
Felling Community Centre, Below Cromhall Towers
Gateshead NE10 0NF