Fully Funded Rail Training
Fully Funded Rail Engineering at Gateshead College
There is high demand for Railway Engineering Operatives to work on Network Rail upgrades, new infrastructure projects, and to carry out routine rail track maintenance.
Gateshead College are working with employers to recruit and train the next generation of rail track engineers. In the past, people have gone on to work for some great companies including McGinley, ISS, Coyles, Vital, McCrory and London Underground.
We are currently recruiting for rail courses in North East England and are inviting unemployed adults who are interested in working in the rail industry to apply for a place.
Eligible candidates will receive free training with all equipment provided, and be given the opportunity to gain employment. The training will run for 8 weeks Monday-Friday. You will gain the necessary skills and qualifications to work within the rail sector.
On this action-packed course, participants will achieve:
• Level 2 Diploma in Railway Engineering including practical trackside training
• Personal Track Safety & Track Induction Course
• Specialist safety awareness training – OLEC1, DCCR and more
On successful completion of this course, participants will be able to apply for jobs with all rail employers but will be given a formal introduction to a rail sponsor who will offer paid work on a trial basis, with a view to recruitment on to long-term projects.
This is a manual job involving work outdoors; therefore, candidates must be physically fit and able to pass a medical.
Course enrolment criteria – candidates must be able to meet the following requirements:
• You MUST be aged 19 years or above
• You MUST be in receipt of benefit - JSA, Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance, or be able to prove that you are currently earning less than £16k per year.
• You MUST be able to pass a Drug & Alcohol Test and Network Rail Medical
• You must be available to attend the course for 8 weeks full time Monday to Friday
At enrolment, please bring the following with you:
• Proof of identify - Passport / Birth Certificate / Residency Card
• National Insurance Number
• Proof of benefits (e.g. UC/JSA/ESA) or evidence of income below £16k
• Driving Licence photo card (if you hold one)
For further details or to book a place on the advice day:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to speak to us please telephone 0191 490 2303 or 0191 490 0300 (main switchboard) and ask for Steve Logan, Jo Morrissey or Linda Blakelock.