Hate Crime Advocacy
An initiative funded by the Police and Crime Commissioner for Northumbria
• Have you been affected by hate crime?
• Do you need help to speak up for yourself?
• Would you like support to find out about your rights and to make decisions and choices?
• Do you want help to get services or support?
• Do you want to know how you can report a hate crime?
What is hate crime?
A hate crime is a crime that you think was motivated by prejudice or
hate because of what you look like or how you live your life. This can
include your (or someone else’s):
• Disability (including mental health and learning disability)
• Trans/gender identity
• Sexual orientation
Hate crimes can include:
• Verbal abuse
• Physical attacks such as hitting, punching, pushing or spitting
• Threats of violence
• Hoax calls, abusive phone or text messages, or hate mail
• Online abuse, for example on Facebook or Twitter
• Displaying or circulating discriminatory literature or posters
• Damage to things such as your home, pet or vehicle
• Arson (setting fires)
To make an enquiry about Hate Crime Advocacy for yourself, or make a referral on behalf of someone else, please phone us on 0191 235 7013, email us - firstname.lastname@example.org , visit or web site www.advocacycentrenorth.org.uk or download the form below.
Other content by this organisation
No regular activities have been posted by this organisation
No upcoming events have been posted by this organisation
Advocacy Centre North (part of Newcastle Council for Voluntary Service - Newcastle CVS) needs your help to raise funds to provide a new Welfare Advocacy Service to disabled people and their familie
No other news has been posted by this organisation
No volunteering opportunities have been posted by this organisation