The Palomino Trust
Thornley Bank Stables
Providing Kinship and a Safe Environment For Healing
Based in the beautiful North East of England. . .
Our Aim is to improve the health and emotional wellbeing of those suffering from mental health conditions, trauma and bereavement, using evidence-based therapy. By utilising our controlled outdoor and equestrian environment we aim to support people’s mental wellbeing by providing a range of evidence-based therapy including:
- Equine Assisted Therapy
- Social and Therapeutic Horticulture
- Art Therapy Outdoor Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
Additional to these therapies we will be combining wellbeing activities to help people develop healthy coping strategies including:
- Nature Pilates, Yoga and other exercise classes including walking.
- Guided Meditation, Hypnotherapy – Included Trauma Focus Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) Sessions
- Sound Healing – Drumming, Sound Baths
- Kyudo – “The Way of The Bow” Mindfulness and Meditation Archery
- Reiki Meditation and Healing
- Art Classes
- Therapy Through Play - Parent and Child Groups Social Activities
Above all the ethos of The Palomino Trust is to provide friendship, emotional support and a safe space when people feel at their most vulnerable.
We aim to offer a wide range so that people can find the right coping strategy for them, not every therapy or activity will help. Everyone is on their own healing journey, and it is all about finding the right one for YOU!