Smoking: Lifestyle Resources and information
When you decide it's time to stop smoking, we will help you find the services and support that are right for you.
Did you know?
- after the age of 35, stopping smoking gains you 4 to 6 hours of healthy life for every day you don't smoke
- 80% of smokers who stop report feeling happier than when they were smoking
- within one day of stopping smoking, levels of the toxic gas carbon monoxide reduce to the levels found in non-smokers
- within four weeks of stopping smoking your skin complexion will improve
- the average smoker will save £70 a week when they stop
Here are your choices....
Talk to a stop smoking specialist (Increase your chances by 300%)
Using a stop smoking medicine (Increase your chances by 100%)
Stop smoking on your own (Increase your chances by 50%)
Links above will take you to pages on the Smokefree Gateshead website
The Smokefree app can help people stop smoking by providing daily support and motivation. If people stay smokefree for the 4-week programme they are up to five times more likely to stay quit for good. There's lots of other free support on offer – from emails, SMS and texts.
Download: Apple App Store
Download: Google Play